We have been exploring the ways that your water can be making you fat, old, and stupid. Now a troubling link between water and High Blood Pressure has emerged. Do you ever wonder why there are so many people who suffer from High Blood Pressure? 1 in 3 US adults (an estimated 68 million) suffer from High Blood Pressure. Doesn’t it seem that it is “normal” that once you have reached middle-age to have to start controlling your blood pressure with “statin” or other medications? Why has High Blood Pressure become the leading cause of premature deaths worldwide?
There are some very good reasons why so many people in modern society suffer from High Blood Pressure. The common things are
- Excess sodium. The American Heart Association says that excess sodium can lead to High Blood Pressure, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Sleep Apnea that stresses the cardiovascular system.
- Smoking which clogs the arteries with nicotine.
- Obesity combined with a sedentary lifestyle and poor diet.
- Drugs and Alcohol, particularly excessive or binge drinking and use of stimulant drugs.
- Stress, which releases too much cortisol into the body and weakens the adrenal glands over a long period of time.
However, there are two other causes of High Blood Pressure that are (for political reasons) not commonly revealed:
- Softened water from a salt regeneration system. Soft water is popular because it feels slick on the skin and saves $$ on appliances, soap, and laundry products. The calcium and magnesium that commonly create hard water are exchanged in a water softener with sodium.
Did you know that when you take a 15 minute bath or shower that you absorb a pint of the water through your skin? If that water is soft water, then you are absorbing excess sodium! But the American Heart Association says that you are not supposed to have more than 1500 mg sodium per day. So this may answer why you carefully watch the sodium in your diet but still continue to have HBP issues.
- Drinking fluoridated water. The kidney accumulates more fluoride than any other organ, except the pineal gland. Though most people drink fluoridated water for many years, even high doses of fluoride for short exposure periods can damage the kidneys.
The EPA permits up to 4 ppm fluoride to be placed into drinking water, but kidney damage was found in rats drinking 1 part per million fluoridated water, and in monkeys drinking 5 ppm fluoridated water. When rats were given 10 ppm fluoridated water, significant kidney damage was found. A China study found evidence of kidney damage in children drinking 2.6 ppm fluoridated water.
Though fluoride is filtered out by the kidneys, anyone who already suffers from impaired kidney function can develop skeletal fluorosis at 1.7 ppm. Doctors have found kidney disease to exist commonly with skeletal fluorosis (mottling of the bone signified by dental mottling.) Did you know that osteoporosis is an indication of massive fluoride exposure and often the result of skeletal fluorosis?
Sources: The Fluoride Deception by Christopher Bryson; The Case Against Fluoride by Connett, Beck, Micklem; The National Kidney and Urologic Information Clearinghouse
So what is the solution? The first and easiest solution is to install one of our Ideal Earth Water Fluoride Filters. That way, you can limit your fluoride exposure. Even if you live in an apartment, you can drink and cook with “water like a mountain spring.” Our Under sink filter can be taken with you when you move.
The other solution is to get rid of your water softener and replace it with our Earth Core™ in-line water conditioner. It uses Mother Nature’s ways to soften water without adding chemicals.
Check with your health professional regarding herbs and supplements that you can take to heal your adrenal glands and kidneys, while making necessary lifestyle modifications. You may want to add Rest Easy™ to help support your kidneys and assist in reducing inflammation.
One our customers who recently installed the Whole House Fluoride Filter exclaimed that before installing the filtration system, he couldn’t get his kids to drink much water. After installing our system, the kids drink less soda and juice and now drink a lot of our water. What a win!